If your business must have to setup the factory. You must apply for a factory license before operating if your factory is subjected under the category in Factory Act. The license will be granted from Ministry of Industry. They will consider about your business operation, opportunity, safety, pollution and etc.
You have to pass all qualify that is a standard for operation of industry in Thailand.
We give you an simply of qualification for your primary information as follows: –
- Factory scale
- Energy to be used in a factory
- Number of each type of factory that was established in Thailand
- Quality of raw materials to be used in the factory and the product from manufactured of this factory
The categories under the regulation of Factory Act are: –
- Factory which use machinery equivalent to 5-20 horsepower and/or employ 7-20 staff for manufacturing, the license is not applied. Even the regulation shall be applied.
- Factory which use machinery equivalent to more than 20 horsepower but less than 50 and/or employ more than 20 but less than 50 staff for manufacturing, the notification has to be made before start to operate that should be always complied with the regulation.
- Factories which use machinery equivalent to more than 50 horsepower and/or that employ more than 50 staff for manufacturing, the license must be applied before operation.